How to sing in compressed neutral ?

Share your knowledge or questions about vocal technique: Belting, high notes, power, hoarseness, distortion, support, Curbing, sound color, singers nodules, microphones, vibrato..... DOES NOT HAVE TO BE "COMPLETE VOCAL TECHNIQUE" RELATED - All kinds of vocal technique posts are WELCOME :)

Moderator: Sebastian Kraft CVI

How to sing in compressed neutral ?

Postby roro92 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 am

Hi everyone, I have issues singing in compressed neutral ... I don't know how to do it, everytime I try I feel a lot of constriction and my sound sounds really restrained and I don't know what can I do to achieve it properly, like him : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElmuMv6-iwI

Lemme show you how I sound : http://www.box.net/shared/b0hpv2pi47

This is a really weird sound hahaha ! I think I never ever managed to sing in centered compressed neutral, so I don't really know how mine should sound to be honest ... Can anyone give me few little tips to help me figure out what's wrong ? Thanks a lot ! :D
roro92

Postby roro92 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Nevermind, I found the problem ! All I had to do is had a little whine/cry to get into the compressed neutral :D
roro92

Re: How to sing in compressed neutral ?

Postby singing101 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:41 am

how would one?
singing101

Re: How to sing in compressed neutral ?

Postby Kaare » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:26 am

From the sound clip I hear that you need to increase the volume a bit.
Keep ribs out, sing on "EE"/see and turn up the vol. to around 3-4 (vol. scale 1-10)
Add a lose jaw or a bite/twang.
But it sounds like you already found a solution.

Best regards
Kaare
Kaare
CVI Teacher
CVI Teacher

Return to Vocal Technique